Fallout 76 isn’t going away any time soon — Bethesda says it plans to update the game for at least five more years. Major events like Invaders from the Beyond are a part of that, as are the regular updates. It brought about some much-needed fixes.
First, it dealt with an exploit that allowed cheats to place NPCs on the map. In fact, the entire patch notes consist of bug fixes like this one. This includes issues with building structures and using blueprints, VATS hiccups, and several patches for armor and weapons. Enemies were also having some problems. Some froze in place, while others like wolves and dogs didn’t attack the player at all – they’re back to biting you now. You can see the full patch notes at the bottom of this article.
Expect more updates for both optimization and content, as promised by Bethesda. This fall, we’ll be returning to The Pitt, too. This comes after the ninth summer season and the Test Your Metal event.
Fallout 76 Version 184.108.40.206 Patch Notes
- PC (Bethesda.net): 1.6 GB
- PC (Microsoft Store): 9.1 GB
- PC (Steam): 2.2 GB
- Play Station: 9.2 GB
- X-Box: 9.1 GB
- Weapons: The Silver Shroud Tesla Rifle coating applies correctly to the charging rifle barrel model.
Camps and workshops
- exploit: Fixed an issue where cheaters could place NPCs in the game world.
- Lights: Diner Wall Light now correctly plays the sound effect when toggling it on and off.
- structures: The wires can now be connected to the power connector on the Firewatch tower.
- structures: The Red Backwoods Bungalow now has a companion door, which can be found on the Doors tab in the build menu.
- structures: Players can now correctly place charts containing the Charleston Fire Station.
- walls: Wall decor items, such as bunting, frames, posters, banners, etc., are no longer intertwined in Enclave CAMP Walls.
- Globalism: The requirements for the Global Challenge to “complete various daily tasks” have been reduced from 23 to 22, and can now be completed correctly.
- Value Added Tax: Melee VATS attacks during the third person view no longer cause the player to encounter a black screen.
- public: Addressing situations where enemies can sometimes freeze and not respond.
- Wolves: Fixed an issue that could prevent wolves and other enemies from attacking the player.
Events and tasks
- public events: Using the global activity tracker to quickly travel to a public event that a player is already participating in no longer causes them to be removed from that event.
- public events: Players now correctly join an active public event when walking to the event location.
- Load Baring: The mission tracker is no longer on the screen after completing Lode Baring.
- Ergonomic Construction Limitations: Correctly setting the Snap to Collision toggle allows CAMP objects to be positioned without encountering Cross Objects errors.
- shield: Fixed an issue causing the bleed effect in Thorn Armor to be unintentionally stacked. To help account for this change, the bleed effect now deals five times the previous damage.
- exploit: Fixed an exploit issue that could cause a weapon to inflict more damage than intended under certain circumstances.
- exploit: Fixed an exploit issue in which players could repeatedly obtain certain magazines from the same location.
- headgear: Captain Cosmos’ helmet now properly prevents damage and illness from airborne hazards.
- White weapons: VATS attacks using automatic melee weapons, such as the Ripper, now correctly advance the critical hit meter.
- Long range weapons: Rocket launchers now properly take status damage out of use, and are no longer unbreakable.
- Long range weapons: Alien Blaster and Alien Disintegrator projectiles now correctly affect objects and terrain.
- animation: Fixed an issue that could cause water sources to stop flowing when playing Fallout 76 in a language other than English.
- allies: Allies no longer continued to appear as if they had a weapon drawn after leaving combat.
performance and stability
- Client stability: Fixed a client crash that could occur when using VATS melee attacks in 3rd person view.
- Client stability: Fixed a client crash that could occur when quickly scraping and storing items in CAMP that had reached the maximum build budget.
- key ring: Added sound effects that play when the Keyring is opened and closed in Pip-Boy.
- hand grenades: Excess sound effects no longer play when drawing a weapon with certain types of grenades equipped.
- Sirens: Switching the siren on and off frequently no longer causes sound effects to pile up.
- Near bodies: Enemies’ long names and size are now more conveniently spaced in the nearby corpses list.
- photo mode: Dr. Zorbo themed poses are again available for use in Picture Mode for players who won them during Season 7.
- photo mode: The picture mode menu has been modified so that the mode titles and animations are back in sync again.
- Scoreboard: On consoles, a player’s current Atom balance now refreshes immediately after purchasing ranks via the Rank Up Here button on the scoreboard.
- Scoreboard: Fixed an issue that caused the Arrange So Here button to remain disabled after purchasing Atoms.
- Settings: Using the Defaults button in the display options menu now properly returns the display settings to their default values.