USWNT vs Uzbekistan – International Friendly
Date: April 12 2022
place: Lower.com Field Columbus, Ohio
Broadcasting: ESPN2, VIX
broadcast time: 7 p.m. Eastern time
Official start time: 7:08 PM ET
Starting at XI against Uzbekistan: 21 – Aubrey Kingsbury; 8- Sophia Huerta, 9- Mallory Pugh 11- Sophia Smith 12 Naomi Germa 13 Ashley Sanchez 15- Alana Cook, 16-Rose LaVille (captain), 17-Andy Sullivan, 19-Emily Fox, 20-Catarina Macario
Subs available: 1- Alyssa Naher, 2- Abby Dalkemper, 5- Kelly O’Hara, 7- Ashley Hatch, 14- Trinity Rodman, 22- Kristi Mewes, 23- Margaret Pierce
DON’T WEAR: Bella Bixby, Emani Dorsey, Lindsey Horan, Jaylene Hoyle
game notes | Five things to know – Uzbekistan
- USWNT Starting Maximum Numbers XI (including this match): Pugh (72), LaVelle (71), Sullivan (27), Macario (17), Smith (15), Fox (13), Huerta (12), Cook (9), Sanchez (7), Jerma (1), Kingsbury (1).
- Tuesday’s squad in Chester includes four changes from the start 11 in Columbus: Kingsbury for Neher in goal, Huerta and Jerma in defense of Dalquimper, O’Hara and Sanchez in midfield for Horan.
- With both Kingsbury and Germa starting their international debuts, it will be the first time two players have made their international debuts in the same match since November 10, 2019, when Alana Cook and Margaret Pierce made their international debut against. Costa Rica, which was the second match for Vlatko Andonovsky in charge of the USWNT.
- The average starting line-up age is 24.98 years old, making her the youngest starting XI for USWNT since January 30, 2007, when the starting team with an average age of 24.6 years took the field against China. Sophia Smith, the youngest player in this starting lineup, was number oneSt class in 2007.
- The starting lineup averages 21 caps per player and marks the first time since March 2013 that the USWNT’s starting lineup has not included at least one player with 100+ caps.
- Midfielder Rose Lavell She will lead the team for the first time in her USWNT career as she earns her 71 year oldSt USWNT cover. Lavelle, who on Saturday became 52second abbreviation A USWNT player with 70 caps and two assists in the first game against Uzbekistan, he will now have made 35 appearances under coach Vlatko Andonovsky, the most of any player in his tenure with the United States.
- A goal keeper Aubrey Kingsbury She will make her international debut when she turns 26y All-time goalkeeper to represent the USWNT. At the age of 30, Kingsbury – the two-time NBA best goalkeeper – has become The oldest goalkeeper to earn a first USWNT cap and the third oldest player overall to earn his first USWNT cap. She became only the fifth player to make his USWNT debut at age 30 or older and the second goalkeeper to ever do so.
- Sophia Huerta She will start for the second time in 2022 and the fifth of her USWNT career where she is set to turn 12y The international appearance of the USA. Huerta started and played the full 90 minutes in the United States’ 5-0 win over New Zealand in the 2022 Sheeppelins Cup, setting up Ashley Hatch’s goal in the second-half opener.
- Mallory Bogwhich leads the United States in both Goals (4) and Aid (4) in 2022, will start for the third consecutive time as it has achieved its 72 goals.second abbreviation career cover. Pugh scored in each of her last three games for the United States – the longest streak of her international career – and matched a career high with three assists on Saturday against Uzbekistan. she He now has 24 career passes, tied to Shannon Boxx for his 20th all-time pass in USWNT history.
- After she scored her first hat-trick of her career in a 9-1 victory over Uzbekistan, Sophia Smith is set to make Fifth straight start, winning 15 yearsy The cap is generally for USWNT. Smith tripled her career goals in a single match with her third against Uzbekistan on April 9, and at 21 years 242 days old, she became the fifth youngest player to score a hat-trick for the USWNT.
- Smith became the 25th player in USWNT history to score a hat-trick. Smith’s hat-trick is the 63rd ever in program history and the first since Alex Morgan scored three goals on September 21, 2021 against Paraguay in Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Naomi Germa She will make her USWNT debut, becoming alongside Kingsbury The 246y and 247y Players all the time to represent the USWNT. At 21 years and 302 days old, Jerma became the fifth player born after the historic 1999 FIFA Women’s World Cup to represent the US women’s national team, joining Sophia Smith, Jalen Howell, Katrina Macario and Trinity Rodman.
- Girma, ranked No. 1 overall in the 2022 NWSL draft, will start at the center of defense alongside former Stanford teammate Alana Cook. They played one season together when Jerma was a freshman and Cook was a senior.
- After coming off the bench in Columbus to score her first international goal, Ashley Sanchez She will begin her third career as she appears for the seventh time ever in the USWNT. Sanchez, who started against New Zealand and Iceland in the Shepelevs Cup, had assisted in the USA’s 5-0 victory over Iceland and on April 9 against Uzbekistan, becoming 112.y All-time player scores for USWNT with goal in 90y the moment.
- Alana Cook She will begin her seventh consecutive game in the USWNT as she wins her ninth overall title. Cook leads USWNT in total minutes played in 2022 with 356 Minute and scored the first assists in her international career in the victory of the United States on April 9th over Uzbekistan. Cook is the first USWNT defender to score multiple assists in a match since Terna Davidson assisted against Chile in the group stage of the 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup.
- One in only five players to start every game for the United States in 2022, Andy Sullivan will make it 27y USWNT’s international appearance. Sullivan scored the opening goal in the United States’ victory over Uzbekistan in Columbus, the third in her international career and also scored a assist-assist goal that day. Other players starting every game this year are Smith, Cook, Macario and Fox.
- Emily Fox It’ll make her 8th straight debut and win her 13 yearsy The cap is generally for USWNT. Fox will now appear in every game the USA has played since the FIFA window of 2021 in October, and is the only USWNT player to have appeared in all nine matches during that time.
- Having scored in back-to-back games for the first time in her USWNT career, Catarina Macario She will make her 5th debut this year as she earns 17 yearsy The cap is generally for USWNT. The 22-year-old scored two goals and assisted in the Shepelevs Cup final against Iceland on February 23 and added a goal in the 46th minute.y Minute on Saturday against Uzbekistan. macario She now has eight goals in her last seven combined matches for club and country.