The target looks more and more like the next place to find a big place Jake Randall suggests It will be at least another day before this restocking takes place, but realistically it could be any morning this week. Target restocks usually happen around 7AM ET (4AM PT) on the weekend, and since there was no PS5 restock today, it’s unlikely we’ll see one here before Wednesday. This is the only major retailer reported to have a large cache of consoles in stock, so the only chance to score a console today will be a surprise PS5 restock this afternoon.Restocking, which is great considering it was a slow week otherwise. Leaked PS5 restock
If you don’t want to wait for a sudden afternoon restock, your best bet is to accept a higher price tag for the console through StockX or eBay. Here are some tips, tricks, and tips to help you disable your PS5:
- If you see someone offering to sell you a console on Twitter, it sure is a scam. Avoid these people.
- Where applicable, Application Usage To complete a purchase in lieu of the browser. Not only are the apps faster than mobile browsers, but it’s also easy to use an app and browser at the same time if you’re trying to buy on multiple computers.
- PS5 restocks are more common in the afternoon and evening than in the morning. Chances of unplanned restocking tend to rise significantly after 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET), so if you’re wondering when to check, this is usually the best time to start.
- PS5 restocks never happen on weekends.
- If you start the restocking process and immediately see “Not Available” on the screen, Don’t give up. Refresh the screen several times and keep trying. Some retailers are releasing consoles in waves to prevent bots from getting them all.
- Create an account and login for any retailer you will be shopping at. Speaking from personal experience, it’s sad to have a console in your cart and then miss out because you had to waste precious seconds entering your payment and shipping information.
Over the past period, the largest retailers have made changes to the payment process to provide peace of mind and prevent bots from buying all the consoles and selling them for more elsewhere. The latest PS5 restocking game change got paid access – meaning that once you buy a subscription, you’ll hear about the next PS5 restock either before anyone else or exclusively to your club.
Our best tips for getting a console
With the new subscription system rolling out across GameStop, Best Buy, Walmart, and even Amazon in some cases, it’s important to note that getting a console through these services is still not guaranteed. The queue fills up quickly, and the controllers remain in stock for only a few minutes in most cases. Every time a PS5 restock happens, social media is filled with people describing how they encountered glitches in the process and how the consoles all ended up.
It doesn’t make sense to sign up and pay for each service, but this is where we can help. We are constantly tracking the best way to get PS5. Below we’ll explain what you can do to increase your chances before the buy button lights up.
Why is PS5 so hard to find?
There are three big reasons why you’re still struggling to get a PS5. The first is the most obvious: the system is really popular. Sony says the PS5 is the best-selling console and has already sold over 13 million units since its launch.
The second reason is the current chip shortage that affects most of the world’s electronics. Sony said it acquired enough chips to meet its goal of 14.8 million consoles for the fiscal year.
As for the last reason, it has to do with robotics. Vendors use software to purchase an overwhelming number of PS5s at once, leaving only a few to be purchased by actual humans. Retailers have added various protections for bots while the PS5 is being restocked, but these restrictions hold sellers back a lot.
Where is the PS5 available recently?
We keep track of every PS5 restock and keep this list here for the places you’re most likely to find them, and when the PS5 was last available there.
What early access service should I pay for?
Lots of companies now restrict access to PS5 for subscription, but each one is a little different. Here’s the full breakdown of how each works.
- Amazon Prime: This is very simple. In many cases, the only way to buy a PS5 from Amazon is to subscribe to Prime or by subscribing to the Treasure Truck text messaging service. There’s no additional fee outside of a standard Prime subscription, but you likely won’t be able to access a PS5 restock unless you’re a subscriber.
- GameStop PowerUp Rewards Pro: Many GameStop PS5 restocks start 1 hour in advance if you’ve signed up for this rewards program. This works best when GameStop announces a restock in advance or emails subscribers to let them know that a restock is coming. This subscription service costs $15 per year, and includes a lot of additional perks.
- Walmart Plus: This service was created by Walmart only to offer early access during sales events, and this includes PS5 restocking. The rules for this early access vary; In some cases, PS5 restocks can be strictly limited to subscribers or it can be an early access window of 1 to 4 hours before the general public can access. Walmart charges $13 per month or $98 per year for this service. There is a 15-day free trial currently available if you’re not sure it’s right for you, but you can only get early access if you pay for that first month.
- Best Buy Totaltech: If you want exclusive access to Geek Squad for installations and technical support, as well as warranty purchase extensions, this is the service for you. If you only want this for early access to a PS5 restock, Best Buy is asking you to pay $200 a year which is a lot of money. Best Buy sometimes limits access to PS5 restocks only to Totaltech subscribers, but most of the time these restocks are made publicly available later.
Right now, the service that seems useful to most people is Walmart Plus. There are more restocks at Walmart than most other places right now, and this subscription can greatly increase your odds of getting a console. You still have to be quick and accept that you may not get the console on the first try.
How can I increase my chances of getting a PS5?
Major retailers like Walmart, GameStop, Amazon, Target and Best Buy don’t give notice before restocking. Sometimes they have a restock in the morning, other times in the afternoon, and in some cases, even in the middle of the night. Here are some tips to help you jump into the competition.
Tip 1: Don’t wait until you see a PS5 low stock alert. Check the links on major retailers for stock updates daily or even multiple times a day. (We have the links all arranged below.) If this happens when some PS5 is available, switch to as many browsers and devices as possible. On the desktop, for example, open the reseller page in Chrome, Firefox, and Edge. Then do the same on your phone and tablet. The more devices and browsers there are, the better. It’s like with lottery tickets: the more you get, the higher your chances of winning.
Tip 2: Create accounts with different retailers and make sure you’re logged in already if you’re trying to get a PS5. Make sure all of your shipping, billing, and payment information is up to date on any device you can buy from, whether it’s a laptop, desktop, or phone. This makes the verification process a lot faster, which is critical because retailer sites get stuck quickly, causing people to miss out on their chance to secure the PS5.
Where can I safely buy a PS5 if I’m OK with paying extra?
If you’re starting to fall apart and are thinking about buying a PS5 now (and we know that with the number of big PS5 games dropping over the next few months, the pressure is on), you can do so, but at a hefty markup cost on sites like eBay or StockX. On eBay, for example, we’ve seen PS5 consoles priced over $1,000, even though prices have slowly worked their way up to nearly $700.
Where to buy PS5
You’ll usually find that the standard version is available more often than the digital version at Target, but it’s a solid place to check inventory.
Restores happen quickly at GameStop, and if you’re a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscriber, you can sometimes get to the console an hour earlier than everyone else.
Currently one of the best places to get a PS5, but be aware that the company frequently makes consoles available to Walmart Plus subscribers first.
You’re usually required to have a Prime membership to get access to a PS5 restock from Amazon, but not always. And if you sign up for the Treasure Truck program, you’ll receive a text message when the PS5 is available for delivery.
You can find PS5 restocks at Best Buy more often than most places, although they sometimes require a Totaltech subscription if you want to get them early.
If you want to buy a console directly from Sony, click this link and sign up to be put on the waiting list. When you receive an email inviting you to purchase the console, it’s a fairly low payment process followed by a 1-2 day wait for shipment.
PS5 reruns in Newegg don’t happen very often, but they do and it’s a good idea to check here because not many other people would consider doing it.
You won’t pay the standard price for your PS5 if you buy it here (which means you’ll pay a lot more), but you’ll definitely get it without much of a fight.
When all else fails, if you must have the console now no matter the price, the folks at StockX will at least protect you from getting scammed by someone who never intended to give you a console.
More PlayStation 5 coverage
This story is regularly updated with the latest PS5 stock news.