Many Call of Duty players prefer the precision that keyboard and mouse gameplay offers, but it’s not just PC players who can benefit. Here are the best key bindings for Vanguard, how to use mouse and keyboard on Xbox and PlayStation.
With cross-play now offered in every premium Call of Duty game, the debate rages between keyboard and mouse (KBM) and console. Some players believe that the accuracy with the mouse gives KBM players a huge advantage, while others still feel it is a “break” in the console’s aim assist.
A keyboard and mouse is still a great way to play Call of Duty: Vanguard, offering full-arm precision aiming and a full keyboard of buttons at your disposal. Additionally, you can use KBM on Xbox and PlayStation as well.
Here are the best Keys for Call of Duty: Vanguard Season 2 Reloaded, and how to play on Xbox and PlayStation with keyboard and mouse.
Best Call of Duty: Vanguard Mouse Settings
How to find the best mouse sensitivity in Vanguard
The first thing you need to do is to make sure that the aiming input device is set to the mouse. You can’t change this setting once you start matchmaking, so if it defaults to Control, you won’t be able to move and you’ll have to back out to change it.
But in terms of sensitivity, it’s really up to you and your preferred DPI (mainly mouse sensitivity). Upon launching the full game, you will be able to create your own match and find the perfect settings for you.
A good rule of thumb, however, is that dragging the mouse from one end of the board to the other will result in a full 360-degree rotation. This is not ideal for everyone but is a solid starting point in finding the best sensitivity.
Once your sensitivity is locked, there are a few other settings you have to tweak to play at your best.
- mouse sensitivity: 5 (Use the tips above to find what works best for you)
- ADS sensitivity multiplier: 1.00
- Sensitivity assigned to each magnification: on
- ADS sensitivity transmission timing: immediately
- Vertical shooting (on foot): Basic
- Vertical target (ground vehicles): Basic
- Vertical Target (Aerial Vehicles): Basic
Advanced mouse settings
- ADS mouse sensitivity mode: legacy (alternative)
- Distance parameter control: 0
- ADS sensor multiplier (fixed target): 1.00
- Mouse wheel input delay: 0
- Mouse acceleration: 0
- Mouse filter: 0
- Mouse boot: on
As for the setting, experienced players may find the greatest comfort in Legacy (alternative), as this is the same old setting found in Warzone. Or you can try the relative setting that comes by default in Vanguard.
And you want to turn off acceleration, filtering, and smoothing completely. All of these things sacrifice accuracy, so they are simply not worth it.
Best Call of Duty: Vanguard keybinds
Here are the recommended key links for playing Vanguard. Of course, all of these settings depend on preference, but this is a head start as you get used to playing with your mouse and keyboard.
- Bending behavior: switch
- Slide behavior: handle
- prone behavior: switch
- Airborne cloak: booklet
- Automatic Earth Mantle: on
- Stand-up mantle: employment
- Auto race: Automatic Tactical Enemy
- Enemy / Enemy Tactical Behavior: switch
- Sprint cancels reload: on
- Bash door interaction: automatic
- walking behavior: Curb
- walking speed: 25% of normal speed
Weapons and equipment
- Aiming at sight behavior: Curb
- Activate the weapon mount: ADS + melee
- Weapon mount movement exit: on
- Equipment behavior: Curb
- Quick Blow Up Bag Shipping: employment
- Change Zoom Shared Input: fixed goal
- Wrap around weapon switch: employment
- Exhausted Ammo Weapon Key: employment
- Interaction behavior: handle
- Automatic firing behavior: Curb
Overlays and shortcuts
- Scoreboard behavior: Curb
- System key behavior: Operating System
It is useful to be able to quickly minimize the game by pressing the Windows key. However, if you tend to accidentally press it, you can switch System key behavior into the game, which disables the Windows key.
- step forward: W
- Move backward: s
- Move left: a
- Move right: Dr
- jump / stand / cloak: space bar
- Bending/Slipping: control
- inclined: from
- Enemy/fixed target: converts
Weapons and equipment
- fire weapon: left mouse button
- Aiming down sight: right mouse button
- Previous weapon: 1/ Mouse wheel down
- The following weapon: 2 / mouse wheel
- lethal equipment: mouse button 5
- Tactical equipment: mouse button 4
- Domain promotion: X
- Fighting movement/finishing: Fifth
- Reloading: s
- Uses: H
- Weapon holder: Aim and melee
- Alternative fire: B
- Killstreak Slot 1: 3
- Killstreak 2 slot: 4
- Killstreak 3 slot 5
- Killstreak 4 slot (additional): 6
- Killstreak wheel: K
- Gas: W
- Reflects: s
- turn leaf: a
- Turn right: Dr
- blow up: left mouse button
How to play Vanguard with keyboard and mouse on PlayStation & Xbox
Even if you use consoles, you can still benefit from the precision that a mouse and keyboard provide. Fortunately, it is very easy to set up because the Xbox One and Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 all offer KBM support.
Once they are connected, download Vanguard and use the settings above to get the best keybindings possible.
How to use a mouse and keyboard on PlayStation
To connect a mouse and keyboard to your PlayStation, all you have to do is plug them into the USB ports on the back of the console. Wait a few seconds and your PS4 or PS5 should pick up the new entry. After that, you can go to Devices and adjust the controls.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using MKB on PlayStation:
- Play PlayStation 4 or 5
- Connect your peripherals to the USB ports on the back of the console
- Wait for PlayStation to recognize your keyboard and mouse
- Go to “Devices”
- From here, adjust the KBM controls until you feel comfortable
How to use the Xbox mouse and keyboard
Connecting a keyboard and mouse to an Xbox console is a lot like connecting to a PlayStation. Simply plug the peripherals into your Xbox’s USB ports and the console will quickly recognize new inputs.
Keep in mind that you will need to use your console to navigate the Xbox user interface and settings menus.
Here is a step-by-step guide to using MKB on Xbox consoles:
- Play Xbox One or Xbox Series X | S.
- Connect your peripheral devices to the USB ports on the console
- Wait for Xbox to recognize your keyboard and mouse
- Select “Profiles and System” > “Settings” > “Devices and Connections”
- From here, you can set up your mouse and keyboard
And that’s all you need to know about playing Call of Duty: Vanguard on mouse and keyboard, even if you’re playing on consoles.
For more Vanguard, you can check out the best control and sound settings, as well as the best guns in the game.
Image Credit: Activision / Logitech