- The “i” icon on your Apple Watch is a feature that helps you pair your watch with your iPhone.
- When you pair (or re-pair) your Apple Watch, the “i” icon helps you manually pair your watch if you don’t want to use the automatic method.
- To unpair a watch with an iPhone, use the “i” icon next to the watch in the Watch app and then choose Unpair Apple Watch.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference Library for more stories.
The “i” icon on the Apple Watch serves almost the same purpose as it does on iOS and iPadOS – a small circled “i” represents and presents Information.
Here’s what you need to know about the “i” icons for your Apple Watch and how they relate to the watch’s interaction with your iPhone.
What is the “i” icon on the Apple Watch?
On your Apple Watch, the “i” icon lets you know that you can get additional information to help you manually pair your watch with your iPhone.
Before you can start using a new Apple Watch, it must be paired with your iPhone. You can perform the pairing process automatically, or use the “i” icon to start the manual pairing process instead.
There are several “i” symbols used in using the Apple Watch; The first starts the manual pairing process, for example, while the others provide more information and generate the code you’ll need to sync the watch and phone.
Where is the “i” icon on the Apple Watch?
The first “i” icon is found on the Apple Watch’s initial setup screen. To get there, put the unpaired Apple Watch on your wrist. You should see an “i” icon at the bottom right.
If you later need to re-pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone, you can start the pairing process manually and continue using the “i” icons on the watch. See the re-pairing section below for more information.
How to unpair your Apple Watch using the “i” icon
If you ever need to unpair your Apple Watch with your iPhone, you can easily do so using the “i” icon — but in this case, you’ll find it in the Watch app on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.
1. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. On the My Watch tab, tap all watches at the top of the page.
3. You’ll see a list of devices (or, in most cases, just one). Tap the watch you want to unpair.
4. Click on “me” To the right of the clock you selected.
5. handle Unpair your Apple Watch Then confirm that you want to do so.
How to re-pair your Apple Watch using the “i” icon
If you need to pair (or re-pair) your Apple Watch, you can start the process manually using the “i” icon on the watch itself.
1. Put the unpaired Apple Watch on your wrist.
2. Tap on the “i” icon at the bottom right and then select your language.
3. On the next screen, tap Start pairing.
4. You should now see an animation that you can use to automatically pair your Apple Watch, but if you’d rather do it manually, tap the “i” icon at the bottom right.
5. On your iPhone, launch the Watch app and tap Start pairing.
6. On the Put your Apple Watch in the frame page, you can direct the clock animation into the frame on the page, but if that doesn’t work or you’d prefer to do it manually, tap Pair manually Select the watch name from the list on the page.